Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Gays Oppress Christians, Abuse Children, and Steal Your Bibles!

I consider myself a Christian. I was raised a Christian. I pray. I attend church services. I love me some Christmas. I've never really felt oppressed by the fact that I went to public school and couldn't pray there. Maybe it's because I know how to pray silently, so I could do it if I wanted to anyway.

Also, I have definitely never felt that my ability to be a Christian was threatened by homosexuality. I've never heard that a gay couple got married and thought, "Honey, is our marriage falling apart as a result of two people not like me committing themselves to each other?" I've never thought, "Are those gay people? Oh my! Their relationship means I can no longer worship God!"

The only gay relationship that I can see affecting my marriage would be if my husband had a gay relationship. Of course, I still don't think that would affect my religious beliefs. Until someone can explain how someone else's relationship affects my relationship or my ability to believe what I believe, I will not understand that leap in logic.

I grew up around people who make videos like the one below, but for the life of me, I could not figure out why those people felt so oppressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment